moderated Re: Updating the event description or Note To Send Attendees for a repeating RSVP event wipes out all RSVP responses! #bug

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 9:36 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

It doesn't sound like you're missing a step but I can repeat this quite easily. From my Owner account I've just created RSVP Test Event15 on my test@tvam.groups.io subgroup; responded Will Attend to the last two occurrences from my member account and then updated the event from my Owner account (updating all in the series) and now there is no responder information.  The Activity Log shows that my member account responded and I received the RSVP confirmation emails too.

This has been fixed.

When you edit an existing repeating event and update all the events in the series, we need to figure out if you've changed the times of the event or have just edited other aspects (like the location, etc). If you haven't changed the times at all, we can just update all the existing event instances. If you've changed the times, then we delete all the existing event instances and recreate them.

The bug was that we were always thinking you had changed the event times, because of a timezone conversion issue.

Calendars are hard.

Thanks, and sorry about this.