moderated Re: links to photos inconsistent #suggestion #bug

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 7:58 AM Jen Weber <jenkweber@...> wrote:
I have noticed that when viewing a photo in an album, right clicking the photo and selecting "Copy Link Address" gives an incorrect address.
It seems to be sending someone to a position 1 photo earlier in the album.

That's expected. The left half of the photo is one big link to the previous photo and the right half of the photo is one big link to the next photo. (corresponding to the left/right arrows).

I want to take this opportunity to once again BEG for coding the photo albums to generate a stable URL that does not refer to a position in the album, but rather to a unique identifier of the photo.  I know this has been brought up before, but it is so frustrating that as soon as an album's contents are added to or changed, all of the messages with links to anything in that album are all pointing to the wrong things.

I have changed the URL structure for viewing photos so that now the URLs refer to specific photos and not to a relative position in an album. This means the URLs will no longer change when photos are added/removed from an album.

Cheers,