moderated Re: #suggestion feature request to strip out duplicate attachments in replies #suggestion

Ken Schweizer

Hi Shal,

You quoted me, so I'll answer. Though I'm not sure you're addressing the
implementation that I was discussing with ken (K).

> If this feature is implemented it should have an "owner's switch" to
> enable or disable it for their group.

Why would you want to turn it off?
My concern is that some of our users will look at the latest post on a subject and simply move on to the next if they don't see the image that was being discussed rather than going back through the thread to see the image.

As a dabbler in software, I would also believe that the code to keep the image attached to posts going out in e-mail or on the site while removing them from the stored post would be rather difficult or require a dual database, so I thought I'd throw the option out for consideration. If you see a way around these situations then disregard my suggestion. Maybe I'm just trying to keep the responsibility in the hands of the owner.

Again thanks for replying,
Ken S

“You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” ―Chuck Yeager