moderated Re: "Republish wiki page" #suggestion

Awhile back there was a post by Mark exhorting people not to fight or argue with suggestions made here. I am reminding you of that now. I’ve made my suggestion, I am not required to give you or anyone else examples, and I’m done here unless Mark himself has any questions about my suggestion. It is his decision.

On Apr 3, 2021, at 7:42 AM, J_Catlady via groups.io <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

I just gave examples. They are “how to” docs, including how to log on.

Don’t want the wiki public, for many reasons.

No problem with the language. It’s “republish” because its republishing in a different format. It’s also “post to group.” The language is irrelevant to me.

Any more suggestions?

On Apr 3, 2021, at 7:27 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 07:22 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
The page content itself. Many, many times, the text I want to send consists of "how to" instructions for people who are not logged in and who never (or rarely) log in. Sometimes, it even explains HOW to log in. A link would be useless for them.
The most obvious solution, to me, is to make the wiki public so that links are useful.

I can't think of a situation where I'd need/want to send a wiki page to everyone.  Could you give a specific example?

Since Wiki pages can't be 'published' when created, I think the actual suggestion is a button to Post As Message (for mods only?) in the editor that could be used if needed.

For things like how to log in, I include links to the Members Manual that anyone can see.  I've also set up several notices of type Note To Member that I use when a specific member is having a problem with something so it doesn't need to be sent to the entire group.