moderated Re: "Republish wiki page" #suggestion

Duane

On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 07:22 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
The page content itself. Many, many times, the text I want to send consists of "how to" instructions for people who are not logged in and who never (or rarely) log in. Sometimes, it even explains HOW to log in. A link would be useless for them.
The most obvious solution, to me, is to make the wiki public so that links are useful.

I can't think of a situation where I'd need/want to send a wiki page to everyone.  Could you give a specific example?

Since Wiki pages can't be 'published' when created, I think the actual suggestion is a button to Post As Message (for mods only?) in the editor that could be used if needed.

For things like how to log in, I include links to the Members Manual that anyone can see.  I've also set up several notices of type Note To Member that I use when a specific member is having a problem with something so it doesn't need to be sent to the entire group.