moderated Re: Allow adding attachment in an edit #suggestion

Right, there’s no real difference!

And although it’s a separate issue, I agree that adding member notification to editing a pending message is nothing more than simple courtesy. I’ve always wondered why it’s not done and I often do the notification myself by hand anyway, to let them know and often even ask for their approval first. So I agree that it would be a reasonable addition.

On Mar 31, 2021, at 7:34 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 08:51 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
currently preventing any mod from changing a message substantially and "save without sending."
As long as the original poster is notified, same as "save without sending",  I don't see a real problem with allowing attachments/images to be edited.  That would give them the opportunity to see what was changed and delete their message if they don't agree.  Since those on email aren't notified of message deletions anyway, there always exists the possibility of "inconsistent records of the same message."  If anything is to be changed, I'd like to see the poster notified when a pending message is edited before being approved (for more consistency.)