moderated Re: Allow adding attachment in an edit #suggestion

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 06:18 AM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
"Save without sending" changes should be reserved for fixing typos and the like...anything more substantive is revising history.
There is nothing - NOTHING - currently preventing any mod from changing a message substantially and "save without sending." Furthermore, in the case that prompted me to suggest allowing edits of files, all I wanted to do was change the name of the file, which contained a typo. So it can be the total reverse: editing a file can be a non-substantive edit, and editing message content can be substantive.

There is just no logic here that I can see for allowing one without the other.