moderated Re: Edit Message followed by Save and Send to Group #bug

Duane

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 05:29 PM, Malcolm Austen wrote:
When the poster edits and then clicks Save and Send to Group

1. The message is sent out without regard to any hashtag muting, everyone receives it.
(I have not tested whether topic muting is also bypassed.)
I'm not sure that I'd consider this a bug.  As an example:

I send a message to the group with hashtag #meeting that says "The meeting will be Tuesday at 2 pm."  Member Joe realizes he can't be there at that time, so mutes the hashtag and/or topic.  I later decide to change the meeting to Wednesday at 4 pm, so I edit the message.  This is where I think the message should be sent to everyone.  Joe may be able to go to a meeting at that time, but wouldn't know it had been changed if the edited message isn't sent to him.  On the other hand, if the edited message only has to do with details, Joe doesn't need to be notified since he can't go anyway.  Unfortunately, I can see that there are situations where the edit needs to be sent to everyone, as well as those when it doesn't.  I can't think of a solution for this.