moderated Re: Stricter treatment of invalid hashtags #bug

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 4:38 PM Peter Cook <peterscottcook@...> wrote:

I'd like to see stricter rules so that any string in the subject line beginning with # is seen as an invalid hashtag unless it corresponds precisely to an existing one. So "#FREE:" would be treated as an invalid hashtag just as "#FREEP" would, and the message would be kicked back.

I've changed how we parse hashtags in subject lines so that they now include all punctuation, except periods, question marks, and exclamation points appearing at the end of a hashtag, which are ignored (which is something we've always done).