moderated Re: Member receiving msgs from non-subscribed groups #bug

Duane

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 07:26 PM, Andy wrote:
Please note, the things you are suggesting we do (making the group Restricted) fixes a problem that doesn't exist.
I believe it would fix a problem that does exist.  They couldn't get in, so couldn't do any damage to your other members.  I initially had my groups 'open', but went to Restricted on all of them.  Yes, it's a bit of work, but not so much that it can't be shared.

Out of curiosity, why would you allow members that you can't speak with?  Doesn't seem to me that there could be much information exchanged.  It would also have me wondering if members were spamming the group or having a valid discussion.