moderated Re: Member receiving msgs from non-subscribed groups #bug

Good thoughts. It’s like a community here. Vaccinate your group from this disease!

On Mar 16, 2021, at 3:59 PM, Chris Jones via groups.io <chrisjones12@...> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 07:13 PM, Andy wrote:
I've got too many members from all around the world, to manually approve each and every one who wants to join, and many barely speak my language.
Then IMHO you are just asking for trouble, and it isn't just trouble for you but can be a problem for all sorts of people with no connection with Groups.io or any group hosted by it.

Perhaps if you have too many members from all around the world you need to appoint some moderators to help. Use of the Restricted Membership capability and the Pending Subscription message that it enables will usually stop spammers in their tracks because they will either not provide a meaningful response or (more likely) no response whatsoever.

We all have a part to play in keeping Groups.io free of troublemakers; I'm afraid that your current approach is likely to have the opposite effect. The Spam Control section of Settings is called Spam Control for a reason...

Chris