moderated Re: Member receiving msgs from non-subscribed groups #bug

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 7:14 AM Andy <AI.egrps+io@...> wrote:
If I read these numbers correctly --

8% of our group's AOL.com members subscribed within the last 4 hours.  Our group has been here for 19 years, and on groups.io for the last 2-5 years.

That seems unusual, right?  Also unusual that every one of today's new members is an AOL.com address.

(Hmm, I also note that another AOL address was banned today by Groups.io, but it wasn't one of today's new subscribers.)

.... and now all your new bogus subscribers should be removed.

This is the spammer at it again. He creates tons of Yahoo/AOL/AIM accounts and subscribes them to as many groups as he can. He then forwards the emails he receives from those groups to random people. I have no idea why he does this. But it's like a game of whack a mole.

I am continuing to work on measures to prevent this from happening. I am thinking about adding a 'Report This Member' button so that group moderators can help. But I haven't done any work on that yet.