moderated Re: spamcop.net blocking groups.io? #misc

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 11:20 PM Tony Moody <aim@...> wrote:

The issue with this IP address is that somehow one of our trap addresses
has found its way onto the mailing list Haitianpolitics@groups.io
We would never subscribe an address to a list and certainly would never
confirm a subscription to a mailing list.
However, stuff happens, so I did unsubscribe the address from the
list... twice.  The mail from Haitianpolitics@groups.io continues,
causing the IP to be listed again.

Thank you for this! I have been unable to get a response from Spamcop and this is a tremendous help. Haitianpolitics is an Enterprise group. They direct added some people multiple times over the past several days. I went through the most likely suspects and disabled those accounts. I also sent an email to the owners of the group telling them that they cannot do that again.

We are also now monitoring a whole lot of RBLs much more closely than we were in the past and keeping better records of their responses, which will help in tracking down events like this in the future.

As of now, we're not being blocked by Spamcop.