moderated Re: spamcop.net blocking groups.io? #misc

Tony Moody

I wrote to Spamcop, to a reference on the web :

On 2021-03-08 6:47 a.m., Tony Moody wrote:
> To SpamCop Admin Don D'Minion
>
> Hi,
>
> Please unblock mail02.groups.io [66.175.222.108]
>
> I am a user of Groups.io services and Spamcop is blocking delivery of my
emails from various
> groups and group members. This has resulted in much alarm and
despondency here due to
> missed emails , notices and even replies to my enquiries about the
Groups.io services.

> Please do not block my emails
>
> Again.
>
> PLEEASE DO NOT BLOCK LEGITIMATE , LEGAL AND DESIRED MESSAGES from
> Groups.io.
>
> WHAT SPAMCOP IS DOING IS THEFT AND IS WHAT CAN BE SEEN AS SPAMMING.
>
> PLEASE CEASE AND DESIST
>
> Tony Moody

Spamcop replied :

Sorry, Don isn't with us anymore. He passed away about six years ago.

The issue with this IP address is that somehow one of our trap addresses
has found its way onto the mailing list Haitianpolitics@groups.io
We would never subscribe an address to a list and certainly would never
confirm a subscription to a mailing list.
However, stuff happens, so I did unsubscribe the address from the
list... twice.  The mail from Haitianpolitics@groups.io continues,
causing the IP to be listed again.
Richard

I signed up to Haitianpolitics@groups.io ; my french not good so I couldn't follow the conversation. There is some english .

It strikes me that perhaps Spamcop algorithms do not play nicely with "foreign"  languages.

OK,
Tony