moderated Re: Disallow concurrent "special notices" and "following only" #suggestion #bug

I’ve tried to reproduce this and can’t. It seems everything is working as expected.

On Mar 8, 2021, at 2:59 PM, J_Catlady via groups.io <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

Mark,

Thanks. No, I doubt that I could get screwed up again. :-) I’m probably fine with that change (not home at the moment to check but will soon). My point was that unless the force-individual-email procedure itself is fixed/changed to also update the database, as you are going to do for the currently messed up subscriptions, I don’t see what prevents anyone who was No Email before the (original) changes, and who now sets themselves to FO, from having  the same result as I did. But I’ll test that out (out of curiosity, if nothing else) when I get back.

On Mar 8, 2021, at 2:43 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 2:27 PM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if by "fix existing subscriptions" you mean make the changes retroactive, I don't think it's a matter of that. Even after you fix existing subscriptions with the configuration I described, any member who is currently No Email could - even after you fix existing subscriptions - change to Following Only and I think you'd have the same problem. As I explained in the chronology, I was No Email before the changes, and I set myself to Following Only *after* the changes. But maybe I misunderstood.

For the one subscription in question, I just went into your Subscription page, and hit Save. That changed the database so that it had valid values. Can you now change it so that it no longer has valid values again? That is, can you now change that subscription (to FeralCats), so that it's No Email and also Following Only? And if so, how did you do it?