moderated Re: Disallow concurrent "special notices" and "following only" #suggestion #bug

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 07:05 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
if Email Delivery is set to `Special` or `No Email` and the Message Selection is changed from `All Messages`, we now force Email Delivery to `Individual Messages`.
I think I've finally located the bug I've been trying to decipher (and describe in a separate thread) for days. I believe there is a bug with the above and that this has nothing to do with the non-retroactivity. Here's the chronology.

In a certain group, in which I also happen to be a mod, I set myself to No Email in December, before these changes went into effect (this is in my activity log). Later, and I believe this was in early March, after the changes went into effect (it is not logged, but I remember why I wanted to start following messages there, and it had to do with something that occurred in early March), I set myself to Following Only. That was post-changes. So at that point, I believe the system tried, as described above by Mark, to force-set me to Individual Messages. But that seems not to have worked. I am marked Individual Messages in name only: on my Subscription page and my Member page (as seen by moderators). Whereas in the Member List (as seen by moderators) and in the My Groups page, I am still No Email. And that is the true setting, because I in fact receive no email.

So my hunch is that the force-setting to Individual Messages is failing.

The consequences of this bug are bad: namely, the member (in this case, me) has no way to receive emails from the group. The only thing the member can change is their subscription page, and that already looks correct. There's nothing left for them to change and they're basically stuck.