moderated Re: "First Message Also" in "Following Only" now not working #bug

I think the issue is right here:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/28441
.."if Email Delivery is changed to `Special` or `No Email`, we now force Message Selection to `All` and uncheck Auto Follow Replies."

In my case, I set myself to No Email in December. The change above was made in February. I set myself to No Email and am still FO and R in the subscription page. I need to caffeinate but I'm now thinking this is mostly a problem of the non-retroactivity. That said, I still wonder whether anything further can be done about these cases, because there are bound to be a lot of them. I think even before the change, which was not really to fix a bug but to make things better and more intuitive, being No Email and simultaneously FO could be considered a bug.