moderated Re: Retaining Thread after change the original subject #suggestion

Duane

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 02:38 PM, Mike Hanauer wrote:
I notice that if I change the subject (usually to make it clearer) of an original topic, and someone then replies by email to a previous email (thus the old topic), it starts a new thread.
I've found a way to minimize this.  You may want to try it until/unless Mark can make a 'quick fix'.

Start a new topic with the corrected subject line and a placeholder message.
Merge the original into the new one.
Delete the placeholder message.

Based on minimal testing, that should cause replies to go into the new topic.