moderated Re: Make group search sort by whichever criterion the user has highlighted/selected #suggestion

Duane,
I remember that last issue (since I brought it up;) and it was a different bug, although somewhat related. Back then, you could not successfully get a sort by a chosen criterion *at all* if you entered a search term. It always reverted to a sort “By Name.” In this bug now (and I do agree that it’s a bug), it does a sort by Newest *first*, and after that you csn select a different sort criterion. The problem now is that it defaults (jumps) to Newest and then you csn pick what you want. Before, it jumped to “By Name” and continued to do that even if you selected a different sort criterion after doing the search. The original bug was much worse.

On Feb 28, 2021, at 6:17 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 10:32 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
when you actually do a search it defaults to sorting by Newest every time. This happens no matter which is highlighted at the time of the search.
I think this may actually be a bug that sneaked in.  I may be misremembering, but it seems like this worked correctly when Mark "revamped the groups search page" back in November, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/26972