moderated Re: Member receiving msgs from non-subscribed groups #bug

Chris Jones

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 08:50 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
It seems we're being targeted by someone who is subscribing to Groups.io groups and then forwarding messages sent to those groups on to other people, many of whom have never even heard of Groups.io. I don't know why they are doing this.
Mark,

Is what "the miscreants" are doing a violation of the ToS "User Conduct" section as it currently written or does it require any amendments or additions to make it clear that what they are doing is not permitted?

Although I have no personal experience of this problem I understand from various comments on GMF that individuals removed from Groups.io show up as "Banned via Support".

Can I suggest that Banned by Support is clearer in its meaning, and that Banned for User Conduct violation would be clearer still. It is not impossible that "Support" is not fully understood by some as being "Groups.io Management".

Chris