moderated Re: Member keeps being unsubscribed, and re-joins with settings he did not set #misc

Andy

So if I understand correctly, we should ignore the fact that the Activity log says "left via web" and "resumed via web".  It could actually have been done by email, but the log calls it via the web.  OK......

But why does he find himself unsubscribed so many times?  12 times in the last 24 hours.  Is someone else doing that to him, by clicking a link in a forwarded email footer, which apparently works without any member confirmation?  (Isn't that f---ed up?  Or did I misunderstand?)

And why is he re-subscribed again within 60 seconds, ever time?  Is that also someone else doing that to him?

And why does he become re-subscribed with altered delivery settings every time?

And why did all this start when he tried to fix his delivery setting?  That was what started this mess.

Why?  Do I tell him it's his own fault?  Is a malevolent third party responsible?

I can see why this member is fed up with Groups.io.  If it happened to me, I would be too.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Andy