moderated Re: #suggestion Add Group membership expiration #suggestion

Andy Wedge

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 09:46 PM, Rick N wrote:
This enables admins to set an amount of time that users and service accounts are members of a group. Once the specified time has passed, users will be removed from the group automatically.
I would make use of this on my group if it existed and was relatively simple to manage. Some things to consider may be:

  • A facility to set expiration dates on existing members - editing the membership details of individual members for large groups would not be practical
  • The ability to initially set an expiration date for individual members on the Direct Add feature (as opposed to adding groups of members with the same expiry date)
  • If members join groups by accepting an invite, does the membership period start from the day of the invite or the day of acceptance?
  • The ability to send out reminder messages (a new type of Member Notice?) at different intervals when memberships are about to expire
  • A group setting to determine if membership is managed by expiry date

Regards
Andy