moderated Re: Member receiving msgs from non-subscribed groups #bug

Mark Irving

I had a few (maybe 5 or 6) non-members, people who had never heard of Groups.io, asking me as group owner to cease sending them messages, but not recently. I think they were all Y! mail users, and the group member whose messages they were getting was also a Y! mail address. (It might have been another provider, not Y**oo!)

My workround at the time was to apologise, explain, set the innocent group member whose messages were being diverted to "daily summary" rather than individual messages, and send a message to that group member to say what I'd done and why. In each case the complaints then stopped -- and the daily summary meant that if the messages did go outside the group, only their subject lines were revealed, not their contents.

You may or may not find a similar response to be helpful.

 - Mark (no, not the famous one, just another Mark)