moderated Re: #bug event times in /feed are all 8 hours out #bug

Jeremy H

I've had a look - seems to be ok now, thanks, I am seeing correct times on feed.

But there is an issue over 'all day' events - which in many ways - goes beyond this topic.

For an event in 'my' time zone it shows - as Malcolm says - with a time of 00:00 (midnight), e.g "Feb 20, 2021 00:00  all day         All day test" . But setting my zone to -3 hours relatively  (so UTC-3 for an event set up on UTC), I see "Feb 19, 2021 21:00  all day         All day test"

This goes to the basics of what an 'all day' event is: is it something which is 'midnight to midnight' on local time, in some time zone (and which will be - correctly - some other times in a different zone, and spread over two days) or is it something that is 'time less' - that is happening whenever it that date, regardless of what the time is, or what the time zone is (and so will be for a duration (over the full range of zones, from UTC-11 to UTC+14) of 51 hours.

Observations: for anywhere observing Daylight Saving Time, annually they have a day of 25  hours, and another of 23 hours. And, for anyone born sufficiently close to midnight, their birthday (strictly, based on birth time) will change with time zone,

As I said - beyond this topic.

Jeremy