moderated Re: possible bug in confirmation/application flow #bug #misc

Those issues are different. But they admittedly exist. And I think clearing up the system process would help mods understand which it is: is this person unresponsive, or did the system even send the pending message? With the current process it’s impossible to tell. And so we resend the messsge in some cases where it’s totally unnecessary, possibly even at a slight expense of good will (“why are they resending this to me when I got the first one three minutes ago?”) or in the other side (“is this another clueless/impolite/unresponsive member?”).

On Feb 16, 2021, at 3:55 AM, Chris Jones via groups.io <chrisjones12@...> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 12:59 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
I want to turn this into a suggestion that a group’s  pending message be sent only to confirmed groups.io accounts.
I would support that, although IME it won't completely "debug" the joining process for the simple reason that such bugs as there are are in the hands of the applicants!

I cannot begin to count the number of times we receive applications (with or without "confirmation" where despite sending reminders about returning the Pending Subscription request nothing ever turns up.

We have one pending at the moment; it is his second application (the first was in December) and he has still not responded despite a reminder. Unless he acts promptly this one will fall off the edge of the table as well in a few days time.

It may be that original P/S messages & reminders go into applicants' spam boxes, but there is nothing we can do about that.

Chris.