moderated Re: possible bug in confirmation/application flow #bug #misc

Ok, thanks.

In that case, I want to turn this into a suggestion that a group’s  pending message be sent only to confirmed groups.io accounts. That seems to make the most sense in terms of group privacy, as well as preventing us from having to go through the resend scenarios you mentioned, and which I’ve also been doing in the cases I’m referring to here.

On Feb 15, 2021, at 4:49 PM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 05:46 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
And my understanding (if correct?) is that they're not sent a group's pending message (or shouldn't be) until they've confirmed.
No, the confirmation and pending message are sent at the same time.  I see it quite often in my groups where they reply to the pending before they're confirmed.  For those that do confirm, I resend the pending notice, for those that don't, I send both.  (I also see where both are bounced because they entered an incorrect email address, so just remove the member.)