moderated Re: #bug event times in /feed are all 8 hours out #bug

Malcolm Austen

Mark,

In trying to look at this afresh, as far as I can see we are now being delivered the old copy of this javascript file - without the change you made (see below). I have run closed all browsers and Ccleaner (and rebooted too) and still see the old javascript in two browsers.

Can you check the file that you are serving up please?

Thanks, Malcolm.

--
Malcolm Austen <malcolm.austen@...>

On 12/12/2020 04:48:36, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 12:40 PM Malcolm Austen <malcolm.austen@...> wrote:
At risk of making a fool of myself, I think I have spotted it as a bug in https://groups.io/js/displaytime-0.2.6.js

function DisplayEventTime(t, tzstr, dateFormat, timeFormat) {
    if (t == 0) {
        return '';
    }
    if (typeof tzstr === 'undefined' || tzstr == '') {
        tzstr = '';
        momentDay = moment(t);
    } else {
        momentDay = moment(t).tz(tzstr);
<snip>
should, I suspect, have that last line before the snip as                  momentDay = moment.tz(t,tzstr)
- that's what the matching line looks like in the other, similar functions in that file.

You might be right. I've been unable to reproduce the bug, try as I might. I've made the change to this line of code, please let me know if it fixes the problem for you. You may need to do a force reload; hold down the shift key while clicking the browser refresh button.