moderated Re: Photo Album Ordering #suggestion

Jen Weber

Ok, I finally found something...

On the interface looking at a picture in a album...the "download" button.  I never hit that, because I don't want to save photos to my computer, which is what I generally think of as "downloading".

Normally, the URL at the top of the photo in an album shows like this
....photo/(albumID)/(position of photo in album)?p=Created,,,20,1,0,0

(for example:  https://jtacertificationstudygroup.groups.io/g/JTA.Level3.Study.Group/photo/260613/8?p=Created,,,20,1,0,0)
This is also what clicking on the photo and "copying address" will copy for you.

BUT for some reason, on the bottom, clicking on download takes me to a different view of the photo and the URL actually CONTAINS the file name! This is what I want!
...photo/(albumID)/(position of photo in album/(name of file)?p=Created,,,20,1,0,0

(for example: https://jtacertificationstudygroup.groups.io/g/JTA.Level3.Study.Group/photo/260613/8/JenW_S19%200292%20Jonquils.jpg?p=Created,,,20,1,0,0)

there is no actual saving or downloading of the file that happens.
I am in a group of 900 people and I dont think anyone has figured this out for years!!

PLEASE can the regular URL that we see when we navigate to the photo album be this second one, with the file name included?  This would eliminate so much confusion!
I can tell people to click the download button, but I am SURE very few people will figure this out otherwise.  Maybe even get rid of the download button, or make it actually bring up a save menu (if we set permissions as moderators/owners to allow file saving, though).

Jen Weber

PS - Thanks to another Jen for privately emailing me until I could figure this out...