moderated Re: Disallow concurrent "special notices" and "following only" #suggestion #bug

Duane

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 09:21 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
That little bit of text "according to your email delivery setting" below the Following Only option does absolutely nothing to warn people about this trap.
Maybe we just comprehend differently, but that bit of text is a full explanation to me.  Another idea would be to disable all of the Advanced Preferences everywhere if No Email or Special Notices Only is selected for that subscription.  Also adding "regardless of any advanced setting" on the No Email and Special Notices Only descriptions might help those that don't fully understand it.  I fear that no matter what, if anything, is done, there will still be people that don't read the information presented, same as with guidelines or welcome messages.