moderated Re: "Fake subject tags" are allowed in the subject line #bug

Duane

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 10:51 AM, Christos G. Psarras wrote:
As to why do all this?  Spamming maybe?  Or could some enterprising mal-admin use this spoofing trick in some mal-capacity? I don't know but common-sense has proven time and time again that you never know what people will come up with.
As I see it, it wouldn't be just a problem on the group, it could also be done without actually sending anything to a group by using personal email.  It might not be as slick, but a person would still receive the same spoof.  If/when anything 'weird' like that comes in, I check it well before taking any action.  Unfortunately, there are a LOT of people that don't, they take things at face value.