moderated "Fake subject tags" are allowed in the subject line #bug

Hi All,

Apparently we are allowing square bracket sets in the subject line, I was under the impression we didn't.  Today i received this topic in our (unmoderated) ALPS group, group tag [ALPS]:
[ALPS] [ALPS MD 5000] Try to Print test page -> got an error #alps #grouphelp #help

YYMV, but I did in initial double-take, and went to check the group settings to make sure no another admin was monkeying around, then the message itself and it was sent like that, which also makes the message display odd as usually there is not a "group tag" showing:

(I did email the poster and explained to them why they shouldn't use brackets and instead use a new hashtag, they can create them)

If Monty Python was performing today, they may had a modern skit, Ministry of Silly Subjects ... straight out of it, one can send stuff like this:
[ALPS] [the mountains], or is it? [nah, it's the printers] ...  Got yah!
[grouptag] [GMF] [beta] and [whatever else I can think of]

I'm not sure we should be allowing non-grouptag bracket sets for the sake of allowing the user to be able to use square brackets themselves in the subject line, it does dilute the group subject tag and allows silly mischief at the very least.  Or maybe allow them but not in the beginning of the subject text.

Cheers,
Christos