moderated Re: Non - Member Posts #suggestion

Samuel Murrayy

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 07:31 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 8:05 AM Chris Jones via groups.io <chrisjones12=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Suggestion 2: Somehow flag up the fact that any given post is from a non - member for both web UI & email reading. Perhaps use a default Display Name of Non Member or a message level #hashtag advising a non - member message.
This is trickier and not quite obvious to me how to handle. What if a message is sent by a non member, and then later that person becomes a member? Does the badge stay on the message when viewing the website? And vice-versa, if a member sends a message and then leaves the group, should a badge be displayed then?
I agree that it is normal for information about a member on a web-based forum to reflect the member's current status.  (This is sometimes annoying, because their current status will appear next to a message that they posted when they did not have that status, but this seems to be fairly standard on forums.)  So, if you want to flag a message having been sent by a non-member, you'd have to add something to the message itself.  For example, before distributing the message to subscribers, add "[This message was posted by a non-member.]" to the top of the message.

Samuel