moderated Re: Changing email address security issue #misc

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 06:42 AM, Peter Cook wrote:
I think it's VERY easy. When someone has an issue and needs to change their address, I just tell them to go to https://groups.io/account and change it. It's never been a problem.
Well, for some reason, some people here are complaining that it's been too hard for their members to do, or that it hasn't worked, etc. It looks easy for sure. And it really is not rocket science. So my guess was that something has been going wrong with the "reconfirmation" part of the change, such as perhaps the confirmation email going into the stratosphere. Who knows. i don't believe anyone is making this up. People have been having problems, for some as-yet unknown reason. I also have never had a member who's had a problem with it. I think it just needs to be explained to them clearly, if not by the system itself on the page (which I think could use some clarification), then by the group owner.