moderated Re: Changing email address security issue #misc

Andy,

I never said I’m not “comfortable or confident” using the feature. I don’t know where you get that. I think the feature gives groups inappropriate power over members’ groups.io accounts.

As Bruce put it: we can’t change members’ profiles, but we can change their login info?

On Feb 3, 2021, at 2:56 PM, Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 06:35 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Exactly, what Peter says. it’s risk vs benefit. Huge risk, negligible benefit.
If you're not comfortable or confident in using this function then just stay clear. Nobody is forcing you to use it. Some of us find it useful and use it carefully in support of members. If the account address being changed is subscribed to other groups then a warning message or prompt might be nice but I'd still want the function.

Andy