moderated Re: Changing email address security issue #misc

Exactly, what Peter says. it’s risk vs benefit. Huge risk, negligible benefit. Not to mention: the opportunity cost of implementing more worthwhile things.

On Feb 3, 2021, at 10:32 AM, Peter Cook <peterscottcook@...> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 01:22 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Suppose I don’t like somebody in my group and I want access to all their subscriptions to do bad things. All I’d have to go is change the email address of their whole account.
I agree with J - I just don't think the risk outweighs the benefit to the users. Maybe I'm missing some key point about the value of this capability?

Pete