moderated Re: Non - Member Posts #suggestion

Chris Jones

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 06:31 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote avout my Suggestion 1:
I've changed the badge color to red for NM and Non Member respectively.
Many thanks for that change.

Then...

My Suggestion 2: This is trickier and not quite obvious to me how to handle. What if a message is sent by a non member, and then later that person becomes a member? Does the badge stay on the message when viewing the website? And vice-versa, if a member sends a message and then leaves the group, should a badge be displayed then leaves the group, should a badge be displayed then?

I can see and fully understand the point you make. I think Glenn's
Thus, a tag or whatever is asserted to be true at the time of sending, but not either before or later is a good way of using some "identifier" without having to make widespread changes across each and every group, e.g. when a member leaves. As things stand photos posted by a member who then leaves are currently orphaned, although messages they have posted remain attributed to them. 

I still think some sort of marker would be of use, but can see why you are a bit hesitant about it!

Anyway I will put something on beta docs about the NM badge as unless something has changed in the last few days the NM badge is not mentioned at all.

Chris

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.