moderated Re: Limit number of group aliases #suggestion

Glenn Glazer

On 01/30/2021 14:43, Duane wrote:
On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 04:07 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
Someone with malicious intent could even create hundreds just to fleece the system.
I remember/know of one case so far where a group wanting to move from Yahoo couldn't use the old group name.  A 'competitor' used it as an alias here just so the group moving couldn't.  There are liable to be more of these as GIO grows, so I hope Mark has something in place to handle it.  Allowing aliases isn't something I'd do at all because of the ensuing headaches, but a low limit should help.

Duane

I would agree with zero as the limit. Name squatting, like domain name squatting, is pretty evil.

Best,

Glenn

--
PG&E Delenda Est