moderated Re: Limit number of group aliases #suggestion

Malcolm Austen

As I was the cause of this being raised, I'll offer a view that 5 might be considered too few but I appreciate that there must be some restriction because they all restrict (or are restricted by) the overall (and finite sized) collection of group names.

For subgroups though, the limit can be higher (but still finite, just for sanity) because they come from a different pool.

Keep safe, Malcolm.

--
Malcolm Austen <malcolm.austen@...>

On 29/01/2021 22:07:12, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

Premium/Enterprise groups can create an unlimited number of group aliases. Those names become unavailable for others to use. As GIO grows, this strikes me as increasingly problematic. Someone with malicious intent could even create hundreds just to fleece the system.

On that basis I'd like to suggest that 5 group aliases should be more than enough.

Thanks for your consideration,
Bruce