moderated Wrong error/bounce message when member tries to reply to a topic with a "tag only moderators can use" #bug

Andy

Some of our Hashtags are set so that only Moderators can reply.  ("Only moderators can reply to topics tagged with this hashtag.")

When a regular member tries to reply to it by email, Groups.io does not send an appropriate bounce message.  Apparently this results in the sender's email server re-trying over and over (38 times over 6 hours), and eventually gives up.  Here is the message the member received from his email server (6 hours after replying):

Subject: Failure Notice
Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up.

<xxxxxx@groups.io>:
Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up.

At the least, the bounce message from Groups.io ought to tell the sender WHY the message could not be delivered to that topic.  It should also tell his email server not to keep trying.

Regards,
Andy