moderated Re: Maybe slightly-rearrange the AccountConfirm message content? #suggestion

Thanks Duane, I obviously overlooked that detail.

Hmmm, but maybe there is another way to achieve that intent. Maybe with an “Unsubscribe” – although worded differently – choice. Open, dead ends, and incomplete exchanges are frustrating to me. I’ve always been one for two-way exchange – even if it’s to say ‘I’m not interested.’ And/but getting people to demonstrate even that much ‘consideration’ can be difficult so should be made simple. Maybe put in a “GET LOST!” link that they could invoke to both vent their frustration at being approached and let you they’re not interested at the same time.

Dan Tucker, Groups.io  AFDRetiree’s Group Founder/Owner/Moderator

From: "main@beta.groups.io" <main@beta.groups.io> on behalf of Duane <txpigeon@...>
Date: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 12:36 PM
To: "main@beta.groups.io" <main@beta.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [beta] Maybe slightly-rearrange the AccountConfirm message content? #suggestion

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 03:17 PM, Dan Tucker - FireTuck wrote:

“If you are not interested, or if [Invitee Email Address] is not your email address, please ignore this email.” Change to: “If you are not interested, or if [Invitee Email Address] is not your email address, please ignore this email reply to let us know so we can remove your address from our data.” – (“…or list.”)

It seems to me that could cause other complications.  The Confirmation of Email Address is sent by the system, so any replies wouldn't be seen by any group.  As it works, that would be seen as confirmation since they replied as noted further up the message, "If you only want to send and receive messages, reply to this email to confirm your email address and activate your membership."