moderated Re: Ability to add hashtags in replies #suggestion

Hi Mark,

I'm with the majority:  Users, no, but it could probably work (with caveats) for only the mods and it may require extra work from you now and possibly later; or work (as intended) for just you and that would require less work overall.

But just curious...

>>> I could add the #done hashtag, instead of having to go to the website and editing the topic

- Construct reply as normally, but with #newhashtag also and email in.  (?? OR, instead of the normal address, email the message to (non-published) group+addhashtag@groups.... possibly ??)
- If sender not an admin, treat as now, strip #newhashtag and post, done.
- If an admin, scan the subject hashtags to see if there is a new one (or ones if recursion was used for possibly adding more than one capability)
- If one found, use that and call the code that runs when a hashtag is manually added to a topic by the admin.
- Post the message now, and done.

Is something like this what you had in mind?   It mimics an admin adding a hashtag so effect-wise, nothing changes, not any new disconnects or new side-effects; same thing if currently an admin did the topic hashtag addition by hand then turned around and send the message (with or without the new hashtag), or vice versa.

Cheers,
Christos