moderated Re: Ability to add hashtags in replies #suggestion

In retrospect I think, or am guessing, that the reason for ignoring added emailed tags originally was precisely that scenario and others like it, wherein non-mod members, through their ability to change subject lines via email, could also add tags that way. Maybe it’s possible to restrict to mods. If not, how about restricting this ability to the owner of groups.io? 😊

On Jan 25, 2021, at 9:46 AM, Malcolm Austen <malcolm.austen@...> wrote:

Mark,

I think this would be fine if restricted to moderators. Otherwise we could have the scenario ...
 1. member posts with a hashtag
 2. moderator removes hashtag but the emails have already gone out with it
 3. first reply by email adds it back in
 4. repeat 2 & 3 ad infinitum

Malcolm.

--
Malcolm Austen <malcolm.austen@...>

On 25/01/2021 17:25:53, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Currently, if you change the subject in a reply, to add an additional hashtag, that hashtag is just ignored. What do you all think about changing that, so that replies to topics can add hashtags?

I'm asking because in one particular case for me, it'd make things easier. As Andy has noted, I have not been keeping up with adding the #done hashtag to #suggestion topics where I've implemented the suggestion. It would be convenient if, when I reply indicating I've implemented the suggestion, that I could add the #done hashtag, instead of having to go to the website and editing the topic.

Even though it'd make things easier in this instance, I'm not sure it's a good idea overall, hence this email. Do people have strong feelings about this? I'm not particularly interested in adding a group toggle for this.