moderated Re: Disallow concurrent "special notices" and "following only" #suggestion #bug

Shal,

Home run. I agree with all of that, and glad you agree the "what vs how dissonance" (what I called the category illogic) should be removed. And I agree, of course, that "no email" should be part of Message Selection. I meant to imply that. Everything I wrote was from the perspective of a disable-no-email group. And I also agree about the detail about the placement of the panels ("what" before "how"). I don't know if you've seen Christos's latest proposal. I think it does everything that you and I are suggesting, in a way very comprehensible to users, and solves all the problems.

I also agree about removing the Special Notices Only option from the Actions menu. That works but I think some here would complain about it. I personally don't think it would be problematic.