moderated Re: Disallow concurrent "special notices" and "following only" #suggestion #bug

J,

The most important thing is to disallow the combination of Special
Notices Only and Following Only. I assume you agree with that, because
that's really the basis of my thread.
Resolving it the way you did in #28118, by making their concurrent selection mean receive both "special notices" and "topics/hashtags you follow" seemed attractive to me at first.
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/28118

But the more I think about it the more I prefer to remove the "what"/"how" dissonance by making Special Notices Only part of the Message Selection controls.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on how to handle the
secondary place (mentioned by Andy) where it's possible to set to
Special Notices Only.
That Actions menu duplicates only the Email Delivery options, so if Special Notices Only is removed from that Subscription panel, then I'd expect it to be removed from this Actions menu also. That would leave both places selecting only "how".

I almost hate to say this, but much the same logic can be applied to the "No Email" selection. It is more of a "what" than a "how" and perhaps should be a part of the Message Selection controls rather than the Email Delivery control. In for a penny, in for a pound.

And at that point maybe I'd put the "what" panel (Message Selection) ahead of the "how" panel (Email Delivery).

Shal