moderated Re: Include info blurb & link to the upon account creation #suggestion

Bill,

No offense, but I have no idea what you are talking about, your reply makes no sense to me in relation to my OP message which you quoted, and it  does seem a bit over-exaggerated.  The only part that made some sense to me is this:

"But I would strenuously object if notification to “...all types of new GIO account users…” were automatically incorporated as it would raise issues in my groups I would much prefer remain “sleeping dogs”"

But even that, I suspect you may have misunderstood what I actually meant by notification, because I still cannot get how that would cause your groups to wake up.

Cheers,
Christos

On 2021-01-24 22:44, txercoupemuseum.org via groups.io wrote:
Hi Christos,

I cannot think of a more sure way to make owners and moderators of “simple” groups that focus on limited subjects tear their hair out than to do this.  If an owner or moderator wants to make a full time job (unpaid) of managing their group(s), this would immediately and irreversibly do that!

My people (and I) could care less about most of the almost infinite complications interminably discussed on GMF, and I have no intention whatsoever of letting that genie out of the bottle.  To my knowledge, nothing would keep them from joining [beta].

We are an aircraft technical group, not a “group management” group.  Anyone who wants to can join or quit and contribute or not as they see fit.  Over twenty years, only one person has been thrown out.

Lengthy discussions as to what is or is not possible on Groups.io since our forced migration has been extremely limited and carried on “off list”.  On our forums this would be considered by this owner as “off topic” and I don’t believe such subscriber involvement should be encouraged.

That said, every group has its own reasons to exist.  I fully understand that one size DOES NOT “fit all”.  But I would strenuously object if notification to “...all types of new GIO account users…” were automatically incorporated as it would raise issues in my groups I would much prefer remain “sleeping dogs”.

Best!

WRB