moderated Re: Disallow concurrent "special notices" and "following only" #suggestion #bug

The text says that. The labels themselves could be changed as I suggested earlier.

If you think it’s a mountain out of a molehill then you stand nothing to gain or lose by the suggested change and it’s hard to see why you fight it so continuously.

On Jan 24, 2021, at 2:52 PM, Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 04:47 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I would actually rephrase that: it will not work the way *any* user expects. If you set yourself to Following Only after setting yourself to Special Notices Only, you would expect to receive messages from topics you're following. I can't imagine anyone expecting otherwise.
The Advanced Preferences note clearly states that they do not apply if Special Notices Only is set so I fail to see what the real problem is.  It doesn't matter what your members think they will get, it does what it says and that's what matters. I this topic is making a mountain out of mole hill.

Andy

I'm not arguing. I'm just explaining why I am right.