moderated Re: Disallow concurrent "special notices" and "following only" #suggestion #bug

Andy Wedge

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 04:47 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I would actually rephrase that: it will not work the way *any* user expects. If you set yourself to Following Only after setting yourself to Special Notices Only, you would expect to receive messages from topics you're following. I can't imagine anyone expecting otherwise.
The Advanced Preferences note clearly states that they do not apply if Special Notices Only is set so I fail to see what the real problem is.  It doesn't matter what your members think they will get, it does what it says and that's what matters. I this topic is making a mountain out of mole hill.

Andy