moderated Re: Disallow concurrent "special notices" and "following only" #suggestion #bug

Great. Kudos to the members manual and Nina! Even better to change the wording on the actual UI. And better yet for  the UI (not just the internals) to bear that out. No group members I know of read the manual or even know that it exists.

On Jan 24, 2021, at 9:45 AM, Chris Jones via groups.io <chrisjones12@...> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 05:26 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Change "Special Notices Only" to "No messages except Special Notices"
Change "Following Only" to "No messages except Special Notices and messages from topics I'm following"
It is perhaps worth noting that the Members Manual makes it clear that "Special Notices Only" means Special Notices Only and that opening Advanced Preferences on a subscriber's Subscription Settings page reveals a clear notification that (inter alia) The preferences below do not apply if you select either Special Notices Only or No Email in the Email Delivery panel above.

Chris

I'm not arguing. I'm just explaining why I am right.