moderated Re: Disallow concurrent "special notices" and "following only" #suggestion #bug

I prefer the redesign but I don’t really care how it’s done as long as it's done. Graying out works. Regardless of the text, members are confused and set themselves up with the bad combo and as a result, they get no group messages and have no idea they’re not getting them. Or owners have to go in manually and undo the combo, as I keep having to do. And most owners don’t, or won't, even have a clue this is happening. After I made the announcement about this problem to my group, and fixed everybody’s settings manually, I noticed people similarly fix their settings in other groups they belong to and where I happen to be a mod. NOBODY is, or was,  aware of this problem. I only figured it out recently, just by chance.

And yes, the ability to not follow special notices would be totally unacceptable in a disable-no-email group particularly.

I'm not arguing. I'm just explaining why I am right.