moderated Re: Disallow concurrent "special notices" and "following only" #suggestion #bug

Thanks. So the whole combination is illogical in addition to misleading grouo members into thinking they’ll receive messages from topics they’re following. The combo serves no function and should be eliminated so members don’t fall into the trap.

On Jan 21, 2021, at 3:43 PM, Peter Cook <peterscottcook@...> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 06:21 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
theoretically, in a group with “disable no email” set, members could get around this using Special Notices plus Following Only and then simply not following any special notices. Logically, that should result in “no email.”
I've tested this and special notices still get delivered. There is no way not to get special notices that I can find when No Email is disabled.

I'm not arguing. I'm just explaining why I am right.